- No more “all you can eat” data for mobile phones (beginning June 7)
- DataPlus plan - $15/month for 200MB + $15 per additional 200MB
- DataPro plan - $25/month for 2GB + $10 per additional 1GB
- Current unlimited data customers may continue with their unlimited plan
- iPad gets same plans
- DataPro plan customers can pay $20 extra ($45 total) to share their 2GB of data between phone and tethered device
Given that 98% percent of its customers use less than 2GB of data per month (at least according to AT&T) I’m fine with the new rates as they’ll mean a reduction for most customers.
I just hope that AT&T includes the iPad in its tethering plan and that it doesn’t require a contract extension if you change data plans.