Though people have an idea of what comprises a healthy diet the lure of junk food is hard to resist. As per a recent research results, approximately $190 billion is spent on fast food alone annually in the United States. Another survey conducted on trends of obesity in America by University of Oxford and University of Columbia reveals that by 2030 half of the America will be obese and by 2048 obesity could be the most common disease in the country.
We cannot follow diet plans that worked for others because what works for them may not help us. For weight loss or weight gain programs, diet plans must be individualized. For instance, for losing weight successfully, one can cut down on the calories with a balanced diet plan along with an effective exercise routine. Alternatively for weight gain one can resort to healthy carbs-diet with weight training routine.
The diet plans should be discussed with your physician, nutritionist and fitness trainer to tailor the diet plan for specific and individual needs.
Diet plans for weight loss
- High-Protein Diet
- Low-Carb Diet
- Fruit and Vegetable Diet
- Weight loss supplements
Diet plans for weight gain
- Healthy Carbs
- Protein rich diet
Whether you are trying to lose weight or gain few pounds following healthy options for daily diet can be very beneficial for long-term results:
- A healthy diet should have fresh fruits, vegetables, nuts, legumes, whole grains.
- It is better to cut down on dairy and consume fat-free food.
- The intake of sodium and sugar should be restricted and for a healthy diet trans fats can be eliminated from the everyday diet.
- It is always good to eat at intervals in small portions to check appetite.
- Eat slowly and avoid binging
- Enjoy and relish the food
- Avoid watching TV or using your phone while eating
- Eat when you are hungry
Food awareness is extremely essential to improve and safeguard our health. Though healthy diet is not easy to follow it is achievable and we need to know what we are consuming and how much we consume so that our weight loss or weight gain programs can be successful and we manage a healthy weight and thus a healthy lifestyle.